|Description||Objectives||Phases / timeline||Student activity
If you need more information go to our public D/D Project FB Group
Project donated to Kidlink Association by author: Pia Avolio de Martino (Italy)
Project manager: David D (Catalonia)
Technical support: Stellan Kinberg (Italy)
This project is for any age group. It’s suitable for EFL students at the basic level
Join to this project and let your students learn how to write an accurate description and how to draw a portrait following what their partners have written.
Dates are preliminary!
Will be set January 2021
Phases 1 – school/pupil presentations
(deadline: beginning March 2021)
- By_______ Send to the project manager a student list with name, age, gender of the students
- By_______ the Coordinator has matched the schools that have confirmed. Che the Artwork 2021 page in DD home page
- Present your school and students
by creating a School Introduction. Login kidspace and click on CREATE A PAGE in DD home page
Check the page and scrollmenu pages
in this nice presentation example
- By _______. School Introductions must be shared
in a google drive,by email or in DD student work page
The project manager pair the groups and share this work in Kidspace
Look at this example.
Phases 2 – descriptions being written at school and shared
(deadline beginning April 2021)
- Teachers introduce the project to the students
- and invite them to write their descriptions.
- Descriptions are shared with the collaborating school.
Collaborating teachers agree how they do it
- We suggest these 3 ways:
The project manager must activate the page to become visible
.Look at a example in Kidspace
Phases 4 Students share the portraits!
(deadline end May )
- Not all students are good at drawing, but they should commit to follow the directions in the description as possible.
- scan/photo the drawings
(Size of your scan/photo must not be larger and higher than 500 pixels. Format must be: jpg or gif)
- Share the images with the pupil that wrote the description,
in one of these methods:
- send image by email
- share it in the private DD FB group
- share image in google drive document.
Look at a image shared by a student in Katalonia
- The student who got the image the image can share in its page in Kidspace
- Coordinator will post the portraits near the descriptions.
The project manager keeps a log to see that all have got a drawing.
Look at this example
Fun time at home
Students can get in touch with the other students.
in our public D/D Project FB Group when it is time to start in spring 2021″.
Student work example
Look at this nice description and drawing some years ago:
|“My hair is brown and long and wavy. I have no fringe at all I comb my hair backwards and I wear a broad white ribbon, my eyelashes are long and dark brown. The eyebrows are brown. My eyes big and brown. The shape of my face is long and my cheeks are a little round. My mouth is red with rather thick lips. I am pale and I like to wear a black teashirt.”||
Portrait drawn by Arianna (Italy). They have been both very skilled in describing and in drawing.
Registration Deadline: January 2021
Runs until May (Spring 2021 Session)
- Read more in phases/timeline
- Read the rules to follow
- Register in Kidlink www.kidlink.org
- Fill out the DD – Application Form
- Ask to join our private D/D Project FB Group 2021
You can find some useful tutorials in our FB group DD (check the Files)
If teacher wants, students can participate even by creating pages by themselves where they will type their descriptions and make the teachers’ work easier. This can mean greater involvement and responsibility for students. How to participate – Kidspace for Students
- Students Activity: a working space for teachers and students. See what other students created in the past.
DD en Català: “Jo em Descric i tu em Dibuixes“
Join the project group in Facebook to get in touch with the managers of the project and the teachers collaborating in the project.