Joining the Project & Timeline
Send all information to Terry Smith – email@example.com
You can start sending your entry application as early as Jan 21, 2019.
Sign Up in 3 Steps (Deadline Feb 6, 2019)
Games Begin on Feb 11!
Fill out the Google Form below to join. You will be asked for information such as teacher name, school name, Primary or Challenge, Gmail address for playing the game, Team name, web links and social media if you would like to share.
LINK: Google Form Sign-UP
1. NEW: Gmail Email address for Playing the game: We are using ONLY Gmail addresses this year because of too many difficulties with blocking and spamming from school district emails. Please email me if you have any questions about using Gmail.
2. First Time Teachers ONLY: Registration Page. If you have already registered with Kidlink, you don’t need to do that again.
3. IMPORTANT — Send Your NINE Clues and the answer to your clues between Jan 21 and deadline Feb 6, 2019. firstname.lastname@example.org
Playing the Game – Feb 11 to March 2, 2019
On the following Mondays, a set of 3 clues from each team will be posted in the Primary Group A or B, and the Challenge Group.
Monday Feb 11
Monday Feb 18
Monday Feb 25
March 4 – March 11 – Send Answer Sheets
Friday Mar 15 – All answers and scores will be posted by the project coordinator.
- While Playing the Game, students study the clues and develop yes/no questions to try and decipher only the landmark clues in their playing level.
- ONE yes/no question may be emailed to each team during each of the three weeks. Questions must be constructed to be answered with Yes or No.
- A total of 3 yes/no questions can be asked of each site, but only one emailed question per week.
- These questions are to be sent DIRECTLY TO THE TEAM’S EMAIL ADDRESS which is found in either the Primary or Challenger Players link.
- Identify your team when asking a question, and Identify your team when responding to a question.
Example from: (2A) The Warriors – This shows your number in your group (2A) and the name of the team (Warriors).
Keeping a tracking folder/log is essential to managing the volume of information that is exchanged in this project.
Please see Tips for Landmark in Your Classroom if you would like ideas on how to for manage groups of students in your classroom. (Judith Painter has tips also).
Sending Your Answers – Mar 4 to Mar 11, 2019
Using the project Answer Sheet.
The project coordinator will post an Answer Sheet on the Facebook Group and the Landmark web site. Each team will add their guesses to the answer sheet and send back to the project coordinator no later than midnight March 12.
Remember: Answers are sent only to the coordinator (Terry Smith), not to the other teams.
FINAL ANSWERS — I will post the top 5 scores of the Primary and Challenge levels, and all Landmark answers on Friday, March 15, 2019.