|Description||Student activity||Phases / timeline||Objectives|
Give your students the chance to develop numerical sense and to appreciate mathematics from a multicultural perspective
Allows students to create a “math puzzle” in which the reader needs to figure out which numbers to use (based on clues given by the author) and then answer to the math problem!
CLICK HERE FOR : APPLICATION FORM
In this project the students are asked to do two things:
- Create a set of clues (written and illustrated) that challenge other students to use math to determine a specific number.
- Solve other math challenges posted by participants in this project
Here an example of a math challenge sent by a student in Argentina to Delmar students in USA many years ago.
From Pablo and Luciano:
- The number of the States in the United States of America
- + plus the strings of a Stradivarius.
- _ minus the number of people in a soccer field
- x times the age of the football player Maradonna when he won the World Cup in 1986.
Project Coordinator: Pia Avolio de Martino