Joining the Project & Timeline
Send all information to Terry Smith – email@example.com
Sign Up in 3 Steps (Deadline Feb 3, 2023)
Clues Released and Games Begin on Feb 6!
Fill out the Google Form below to join. You will be asked for information such as teacher name, school name, Primary or Challenge, Gmail address for playing the game, Team name, web links and social media if you would like to share.
LINK to Join the Project ->: Google Form Class Sign-UP
1. NEW: Gmail Email address for Playing the game: We are using ONLY Gmail addresses this year because of too many difficulties with blocking and spamming from school district emails. Please email me if you have any questions about using Gmail.
2. First-Time Teachers ONLY: Kidlink Registration Page. This link goes to a Moodle page where you will click Create New Account. If you have already registered with Kidlink, you don’t need to do that again.
3. IMPORTANT — Send Your NINE Clues and the Answer to your clues between Jan 16 and the deadline Feb 3, 2023. firstname.lastname@example.org
Playing the Game
On the following Mondays, a set of 3 clues from each team will be posted in the Primary Group and the Challenge Group.
Monday Feb 6
Monday Feb 13
Monday Feb 20
Monday, March 6 – ALL Answer sheets must be received
Saturday, March 11 – All answers and scores will be posted on the website.
- While Playing the Game, students study the clues and develop yes/no questions to try and decipher only the landmark clues in their playing level.
- ONE yes/no question may be emailed to each team during each of the three weeks. Questions must be constructed to be answered with Yes or No.
- A total of 3 yes/no questions can be asked of each site, but only one emailed question per week.
- These questions are to be sent DIRECTLY TO THE TEAM’S EMAIL ADDRESS which is found in either the Primary or Challenger Players link.
- Identify your team when asking a question, and Identify your team when responding to a question.
Example from: (2A) The Warriors – This shows your number in your group (2A) and the name of the team (Warriors).
Keeping a tracking folder/log is essential to managing the volume of information that is exchanged in this project.
Please see Tips for Landmark in Your Classroom if you would like ideas on how to manage groups of students in your classroom.
Sending Your Answers – Due by Mar 6, 2023
Using the project Answer Sheet.
The project coordinator will post final Answers on the Facebook Group and the Landmark web site. Each team will add their guesses to the answer sheet and send back to the project coordinator no later than midnight March 6 ET.
Remember: Team Answer Sheets are sent only to the coordinator (Terry Smith), not to the other teams.
FINAL RESULTS — I will post the top 5 scores of the Primary and Challenge levels, and all Landmark answers on Saturday, March 13, 2023.